I got off to a good start. Call to Mark at Westfield confirmed that the indicator and brake/side light earth had to be spliced as there was only 1 earth pin in the connector. Assembled connectors in day light and eventually worked out how the pin locking mechanism worked - required some pins to be remade and ensuring the orientation of the pin in the connector shell was correct. Also added extra ty-wrap mounts around the back end of the car to ensure 150mm/6" of fixings.
A call from Jason confirmed that the handbrake cable had been dispatched for delivery tomorrow so I should be able to get the rear fuel system and fuel tank installed over the weekend. James & I got the car off the stands and on to it's wheels to have a trial engine installation.
It took some trial and error to work out the best way to get the engine/gearbox fitted and very happy that I paid the extra for the leveller. I had fitted the radiator and fan but had to remove it to get the hoist close enough to the front of the chassis.
Not much space between the chassis and the rear of the engine
Marked the engine and gearbox mounts for drilling but will check with Mark first as without the ECU & loom I can't install the engine anyway! Engine removed and preparation for tomorrow's delivery. Once again a couple of steps back, I had to un-rivet the first tunnel cover to be able to scribe the gearbox mount.
|Gearbox mount marked for drilling|
|n/s engine mount marked for drilling|