Monday 4 June 2012

Move the ECU Mount

oh dear!
I had the morning to work on the car so got the scuttle down from the roof space and fitted the heater and wipers - up to the point when I realised that the wiper motor mount wasn't in the bag with the motor and other parts.  I decided to look at the problem with the ECU mount that Rhett had noticed on an earlier post.  I positioned the scuttle on to the car and, sure enough, the heater nozzle was pointing straight at the ECU panel.  I had previously considered buying a new silicone hose to extend the nozzle beyond the ECU, but once in-situ this would block off half the mount so the obvious (and cheapest) solution was to move the mount.

1.5 hours later.....
looks better
 Scuttle "in-place"
starting to look more like a car

I fitted the and prop shaft using the newly fitted handbrake to hold the diff whilst I torqued up each bolt and fitted the Heated Windscreen loom after labelling it up.  Finally Gave the garage a good clean up and returned all the tools to their rightful places while I was looking for the wiper motor mount!

hrs - total 78.5 hrs , now off the Ham Hill with the dogs, then to the Prince of Wales for lunch before heading off the Wincanton to pick up the children from Scoutfest 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment