Monday 1 April 2013

Headlight Installed - eventually

After a weekend away in Yorkshire I managed to get out to the garage to install the Venom Headlights. I'd done some research and also got advice from Paul & Joe Bromley who fitted them as part of their original build. The wiring is relatively straight forward with the only tricky bit was to rewire the dipped/main beam switch to ensure that the main beam bulbs retained power when the high beam electro-mechanical shield is lifted and to remain legal the DRLs have to switch off automatically when the side lights/dipped/main beam are switched on.  I bought a special DRL switcher and I also replaced the indicator relay with an LED compatible one to ensure that the indicators flashed at the correct rate (eventually fixed with a CF14 LED Relay).
First thing was to mount the lights, I found that the alignment adjusted was masked by the cowling so I went down to Screwfix and picked up some stainless M16 washers to use as spacers.



I wanted to use the original loom connectors so I wired up the indicators and gave them a test with the hazard flashers - all okay











I made a bracket for the DRL switcher and mounted it on the chassis by the O/S headlight and indicator loom to minimise the additional wiring. The sensor wire was connected to the side light supply and I took the DRL power from the fuse box.  DRL switched on at ignition position II









DRL 100% when the ignition is at II and head/side lights are off.








Dipped/Main bean and the DRLs at 50% power for sidelights.  All okay but when I tested the indicators they flashed at double rate so I need to investigate further (eventually fixed with a CF14 LED Relay).  Tricia and I went out for a run  that had to be cut short because the headlights started to come loose.  Once we'd got home I fabricated a 24mm spanner with a cut out for the cable and  tightened everything up.  James and I then went out for another drive with no problems.  Now just have to repair the gelcoat and refit the front grill.

1 comment:

  1. All of E.D.’s bulbs meet the international standard ISO9001. And got the CE certification in year 2010. Few of them were won the EMARK certification in year 2016. custom LED headlight bulbs

    ReplyDelete