Sunday, 9 April 2017

Midget Rear Axle Refurbishment

Having removed the Rear Axle last weekend, this weekend I started the process of refurbishing it ready for fitting to the Westfield.

Before and after the wire brush
After breaking the axle into it's component parts I took a wire brush to the main axle and drum brake backplates.


After removing the worst of the rust I then treated all the component with rust stabiliser, after a couple of coat the treatment was washed off and the parts dried.















The rear axle will go to Westfield so has been left but the backplates were both given a few coats of satin black Hammerite smooth.












After leaving overnight the backplates I re-assembled them using all new components 

 

No comments:

Post a comment