Monday, 28 March 2016

FreeWheel Pt 1

The weather ha improved and I'd finished all the winter upgrades so Tricia and I have enjoyed a number of chilly blats around Yeovil and down to the Dorset coast - after all the time spent in a cold garage it was good to get out in the car again - I'd forgotten how quick the car was (and the need to warm up the tyres)

I've only just installed the BlinkStop but got the digital bug and after an exchange of emails with Mike Rowland ( I agreed to be a guinea pig for the new 8 Channel FreeWheel.  The first step was to install the wireless transponder on the steering wheel.  I'd previously shaped a piece of carbon fibre sheet and installed the 8 switches.

After wiring up the switches I wrapped the loom in in self amalgamating tape.  With the battery installed I tested the switches with each generating a double orange blink which indicates that the transponder has failed to communicate with the FreeWheel Receiver.

Very pleased with the results and once fitted to the car I confirmed that the top switches didn't block off the digidash.

No comments:

Post a Comment